Position: Exam Room Technician
Hometown: Grand Rapids, MI
Pet: I have a Standard Poodle/Golden Retriever Mix named Molly. I adopted her when she was 10 months old. She is now 7 years old and still a goofball! She is a Therapy Dog and is awesome at her job!
More about Katy
- Katy has been in the veterinary field for 18 years, 16 of which have been at Cascade Hospital for Animals
- When she was asked what persuaded her to work at Cascade she had this funny story "...my mom had always taught me that the little things are very important. I walked into CHFA, saw the beautiful fish tank and how well it was taken care of. I knew then that this was the place for me! Turns out my mom was right...aren't they always, though?"
- Her warning label would read "Watch Out! Gets angry if not fed regularly!"
- Katy's favorite holiday tradition is getting to open 1 present on Christmas Eve. They're always pajamas that we sleep in that night and hang out in on Christmas Day :)
- Of the five senses, smell would be her strongest...which can be unfortunate in this profession.
- The first concert she went to was "Barenaked Ladies"
- The song she would sing at karaoke night is "Hold On" by Wilson Phillips